Saturday, January 23, 2010

When I started this blog, I hoped that to share my feelings and observations in a light, whimsical way. Like many, I've personally felt the pain of the Haitians and in many ways it felt inappropriate to laugh and kid around about my simple life problems when I saw daily images of people who had so little to begin with, have now had that taken away them. I've wondered to myself what it must feel like to TRULY be dependant on strangers to help you fulfill your most basic needs. To see death all around you, and wonder why you were spared. Or to even wonder if you were lucky to be spared when the entire world you know is devastated. Yet, through it all, I've seen people smiling, singing and still keeping their faith. I am able to give a few dollars and pray, yet these people have given me something more in return. I now look around at my home, yeah, I could use some more space and some things need fixing up, but what a mansion I've been blessed with. I look at my friends and family. Yes, they can annoy me and sometimes I wish I could go off by myself somewhere, but what if they were gone forever...no, I don't want to know how that would feel. Even something as simple as a glass of clean water from my sink would be a miracle not only for the Haitians, but many in the world. For some reason this earthquake has awakened something in me. I'm not going to lie or make false proclamations of what I will or will not do for the rest of my life. What I am going to work at is to keep positive and keep the faith no matter what obstacles I face. I will try to face my problems with the same courage and faith that I've seen from those whom no one would blame for wanting to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment